You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
(“To My Child,” quoted in Charles L. Wallis, ed., The Treasure Chest , 54)
Here: Lindsay & The Johnsons
and it got me thinking....
What were things we "gave up" in order to provide for our kids?what would be the "equivalent" if we didn't have our 3 kiddoes?
- Trip to Hawaii, lifelong dream(why didn't I go before we had kids!)= Bella's braces
- Working full-time, perhaps now at management level=2 incomes=bigger, blingier house= being a SAHM
- Summer trips somewhere exotic=staying close to home camping w/kids
- Buying a brand new home w/all the bells and whistles=older home/neighborhood,staying where the kids are happiest
- Romantic vacations w.hubs=renting movies w.kids
- Dinners out at the latest hot spots=chicken and mac n cheese
Make it a great day!!!