Saturday, July 31, 2010

Contractors and Repairmen...oh my.....

I know I  have lamented about these guys (n gals) in past posts. I really, really, really dislike WAITING ALL DAY FOR REPAIRMEN/CONTRACTORS TO ARRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spent 2 days now waiting ALL day for a service call that was supposed to be "between 10 and 2" and another "between 1 and 5" The first one (closet) arrived at 3:30. The next one (refergerator ice maker repair--we have not had a working ice maker for 2 years now... can you spell p-r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-o-n...) was supposed to be here already. It is now 5:27pm. I want to start on dinner. I want to leave maybe. He called 15 minutes ago and told me he's "on his way". When I reminded him I was supposed to be between 1 and 5 he said "they just now told me about your call" Hmmmm. This is a major retailer.

I saved up my pennies to get a major closet company (I will name them when I see how this turns out) to redo my teen's closet. I know, I could have done it probably, but I just thought, oh we will do it professionally and not worry about straightness, saws, lugging heavy pieces upstairs, dust and all the rest of it. It looked great after he left, but when I went to adjust one of the upper bars, it was so tight it would not budge. I can't get it back to where it was, nor can I move it. Now, this might be acceptable had I done this myself with a Lowe's closet organizer off the shelf, but this cost a pretty penny. You'd better believe I want the bar to be fully adjustable and easily changed. So, had to call them and now I will have ANOTHER day of waiting, waiting, waiting for them to arrive to fix what should have been perfect in the first place.

What say you out there about contractors? I think that is probably what motivates a lot of us "do it yourselfers" to tackle projects. When I remodel my closet, I am definitely going to try it on my own. But knocking down a wall? Remodeling the master bathroom?  I think I have at least another day of waiting in my future.........................

Ut oh...there's the door. It's the repairman..I hope!

Make it a great day!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!