Friday, March 25, 2011

Easy Weeknight Dinner: Oven Roasted Salmon with Pineapple Salsa

This is so delicious. Even the non-fish eaters like it. It's hearty, yet light. I buy my salmon at Costco or Sam's and its a huge boneless filet that feeds a crowd-- or a family, with leftovers!

I serve any leftovers, cold, with a remoulade sauce--or if I'm really lazy, just a dollop of plain mayonnaise. Heavenly.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with foil. Put about 3 tablespoons olive oil to coat the bottom. Add the salmon filet in one layer. Cover it with your choice of fresh chopped herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then squeez half a lemon over it. Place the spent lemon halves on the cookie sheet too. Top the salmon with another couple tablespoons of that olive oil. Place in oven and roast for 25 minutes until edges are lightly browned and sizzling, and fish flakes easily.

all dressed and ready for the oven

salsa ingredients...I bought that red pepper at Marukai Japanese Market

Meanwhile, steam green beans with garlic and make salsa: Add 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple, 3
tablespoons fresh cilantro, 1 avocado, cubed and 1 scallion, sliced. Add a tablespoon of fresh lime juice, salt , pepper and hot chili flake to taste. Mix well and keep chilled.


salsa--if you plan on keeping it over an hour, put the avocado pit in the bowl to keep it from turning brown
 Serve the salmon with a wedge of lemon, green beans and the salsa.

flaky, juicy perfection- just out of the oven
Make it a Great Day!
Ann

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! I am going to add this to my "try it list". Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!