Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Country Strong Movie Review


I don't normally do movie reviews on this blog, but have you seen Country Strong? Gwenneth Paltrow does an admirable job as Kelly Carlson, a tortured-artist type country singer-songwriter. She has a really good voice!

There is some great music in the movie and the story is pretty darn good. It's very "A Star is Born"-like. Tim McGraw is good too, but doesn't sing. The 2 up and coming "starlets" are cute and sing great too. If you did not catch it at the theaters, you can get it on demand or rent it.

I don't like the ending. I think the same message/feel could have been achieved with a more positive spin. If you have seen it, let me know what you thought about that.

There's a fair amount of adult subject matter: alcoholism, addiction, suicide, and promiscuity. Really not for kids, or teens IMHO. Rated PG-13.

Make it a Great Day!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!