Saturday, May 14, 2011

Why You Really REALLY Need to Take Word Verify Off Your Blog

OK, people. I always try to comment on as many blogs as I can. When I go to blog parties, and click on a link, even if the post wasn't what I thought it would be, I always, always make a friendly comment. (OK, I confess, if it already has a millionteen comments, sometimes I won't. But if you've got like 2 comments, or NO comments, I always do.)



But.

People, word verification is obnoxious. It's a pain. I see it after I type in my comment and wince. Audibly. I fight the urge to just go away.  I usually don't because I feel bad-- I keep thinking you don't know that you can really blog without captcha and word verify. Thus, this post.

My heart just sinks when I see one of these. Ugh

Without further ado, here's
Why You Really REALLY Need to Take Word Verify Off Your Blog

1.  It is an obstacle to getting more comments on your posts.

2. People (Ok, me) with vision problems have to do it 2 or 3 times to get it right.

3. Most people give up after the first fail.(Ok, me again)

4. It doesn't keep creeps and meanies from commenting.

5. If creeps or meanies DO comment, you can just delete the offending comment.

6. The spam goes away after awhile--just keep deleting them. And report as spam.

7. You can moderate without captcha/word verify. Just have the comments sent to your email.

8. It only reduces auto-generated spam.

Of course, these are just my completely uneducated opinions, and observations in my experience. Read this informative post on this most enjoyable blog I discovered today, Pieceful Peg. The commments are especially informative.

Hope this helps.

Make it a Great Day!
Ann

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!