Friday, April 16, 2010

Awesome Mid-Century Find

Been looking for a bench forever. Saw some coffee-table to end of bed-bench makeovers recently, so I took to stalking the local SA for coffee tables on the cheap.

Well I found this one yesterday-- 30.00, not bad for L.A.--geesh our thrift store are sooo expensive compared to some of you-alls out there!--, but its sturdy well made and nice clean lines. I thought I might paint it but now I'm thinking, no. I like the wood.



What do you think? Should I add a cushion to the top? I know sorry for the bad pics, my hallway is a mess! I also want to add--baskets? Bins? to the bottom to hold all the shoes and backpacks...

4 comments:

  1. What a great bench!! I have to say, I've noticed a huge price increase in thrift stores recently. I think they are catching on to us!

    Thank you for the support on my store, I love what you said about doing what you love. That is absolutely true. :-)

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and need to stop by more often....I have not had enough blog time lately...So glad that I stopped by tonight..Be sure and stop by main blog
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
    and witness a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find. The basket idea would be perfect...and it's great piece with or without cushions. Makes me want to go shopping to see what I can find.

    I gave your blog a sunshine award this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome find. I like the idea of a cushion and the baskets underneath. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!