Monday, August 16, 2010

On cutting and running.....

Here are some pictures of the resort we stayed at for the weekend. It was a quick, last minute vacation, last of the summer, and I thought we'd take a chance and see what came up on one of those websites that don't tell you what hotel you're bidding on till you pay for it.

View!!
Look at those mountains!
One of 35 semi-private pool and spa areas...
The master suite...........

View outside our private patio to the pool area
Look at that lovely tile!!!!

Gorgeous, isn't it? The room was actually a suite, more like a condo, with 2 full baths, a full kitchen, and a semi-private pool. There were 35 pools on the property. All weekend we had a pool and spa all to ourselves. The kicker? This is not the hotel we booked online. This is the hotel we RAN TO after we had checked in to the hotel we bought.

I didn't take a picture, but this is something close to what the pool at the first place looked like:
Almost, but not quite. Add a few dozen guys with beers in their hands.....

If that wasn't bad enough, we ordered room service shortly after we checked in, and an hour later it hadn't arrived. When I called down to room service, the guy said: We don't have your order. I was confused, told  him I'd already given my order to someone over an hour ago. He then laughed and said, Oh...that was the morning guy, he is gone for the day. Okaaaayyyy, well didn't he give you guys my order? Oh, no he did not. Haha. Yeah, haha.
Well, that was the last straw. Hubs said: I don't care if we have to pay anyway, we are outta here, 'cilla.... so we checked out (I have to say, the manager was kind, and will try to help me get the company to refund one night, but its unlikely. There are no refunds generally ever. But she did comp me for a 2-night stay some other time. (Not likely, people.) Luckily, our favorite resort had open rooms. We got this beautiful suite for the weekend.

Sometimes, its best to cut your losses.
I am never gambling on a vacation again. You get what you pay for.
(At least I do...I know some people have great luck on these sites)

Make it a GREAT Day!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!