Here's where we started:
I decided to glaze my orange oaky vanity, with a dark brown glaze(Behr, Espresso). I have had this itty bitty can 2 years now and have used it over and over again...a little goes a long way.
I sanded very
Then waited for it to dry and used a satin finish wipe on poly, which I brushed on.
New knobs, and tada!!
I couldn't wait to try on the knobs...the drawers were barely dry!
|Messy, in progress!|
|From old brass to ORB...Used the existing hinges /screws and spray painted|
Looks soooo much better!
Added my new TP holder I got eons ago at Homegoods...6.99(nope not counting the 6.99 cause it was EONS ago--sitting in my drawer)
And, yes, I purposefully left off the center door of the vanity. I also want to line the interior with wallpaper, or maybe beadboard. I put that basket in there as a hamper. The bathroom is so skinny, there's no real room for a regular size hamper, so this will work for now.
I also painted the hutch-shelf thingy above the toilet. I toyed with the idea of taking it down, but I need storage desperately, and it was attched by these huge bolts to the wall. I took the doors off and painted it white. I do want to line the sides with that beadboard wallpaper if I ever get around to it.
Here's some more views...
And one more Before
|Dunno why my pics are so fuzzy....but you get the idea!|
I will post how I made those adorable jars tomorrow (hint: tomato sauce and salsa jars!)...stay tuned!
Make it a Great Day!
also linking to Primitive and Proper Piece of Work Wednesday...