Thursday, July 7, 2011

Laid up and Finally Back

Oh my goodness, what a start to the summer....

I was fine, and then: BOOM! Without warning, or knowledge of any injury, my back went out and I was in pain 24/7 for the past 3 weeks. So much so I could not SIT for any length of time. I could barely get in and out of the car. I had to sleep with a pillow under my knees and flat on my back and it was excrutiating to get out of bed in the morning!

Well after 3 visits to a recommended Chiropractor (non-cracking one, thank you) I am a-ok now. He advised me to cut out extra salt. Weird, but I did and maybe that was a factor in the pain going away.

What I most take away from this experience is how much I missed taking care of my family the way I like to, cleaning my house (yeah, can you believe missing Cleaning???) and sitting and reading the paper in the morning! I literally would lie there (in the only tolerable position, flat on my bed or on the floor with my legs raised up at the knees) thinking about all the things I wished I could do....things I normally take for granted. A real eye opener. I don't want to be unhealthy in my old age! So I am renewing vows to get fit...finally, this time.

Hopefully in the very near future I will have actual posts about actual home improvements! I do have several in the works, and I am searching for a good deal on an SLR digital camera... mine is terrible anyway but now we lost the charger for it, so I am totally without any camera except a cell-phone camera. Even so I may post about a delish vergetarian meal I made a few nights ago..with my cell-phone pics :)

Make it a Great Day!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!