Monday, September 19, 2011

Lazy Hazy Days of Fall


I can NOT belive my last post was way back in July. I have been very bad about blogging this summer. Basically, this was my summer:

After a very promising initial growth spurt, my tomatoes, zucchini, and tomatillo just stopped producing. The tomato leaves turned brown, and the tomatoes were small and dry. Except for a few heirloom "Indian Reds" and my cherry tomatoes, it was a bust. My basil did OK. My tomatillo was lovely with all it's yellow star shaped flowers and prolific foliage, but only TWO tomatillos grew and the plant was almost 5 ft high! Oh, and the zucchini? TONS of flowers. Only ONE stinkin' zuc. Oh well.

I am not sure what we are doing wrong, but it was very disappointing.

All my projects ended up undone. I had planned to stripe a side table, paint a chair, make a starburst mirror for my fireplace, paint my kitchen ceiling, and fix the backyard. What did I complete? Nada, nothing, zilch. I'd like to tell you it was because we travelled to India, Fiji, France and Italy, then hopped on over the Hawaii and cooled it for a few weeks. No. Our only excursions were an overnighter in San Diego, a trip to the LA Zoo and a day at Raging Waters. Let me tell you, with 2 dogs and 2 cats, and 3 kids that have sports all through summer, there is not a lot of time or money go anywhere.

Well, hopefully the cooler weather will bring some inspiration. Fall is actually my very favorite time of year and in the last day aor so I finally painted my fireplace hearth, and laid some gravel and pavers on my patio. Yeah, I was readying up for a party and just did it. I also rearranged the furniture in my LR for the bazillionith time. I'd love to show you all a picture, but my camera is broken and even my BRAND NEW *cursed* phone's camera is not working. Oh well.

More soon.. ...don't give up on me, baby! How was YOUR summer?

Make it a Great Day!
Ann

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for even attempting a garden! I have wantedto do so for the past 5 years but there is always something in my way. This year would have been a bust..I'm in Texas and the drought conditions have withered even the most pristene lawns. Thanks for stopping by..I'm following you now:) www.myparentingcoach.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!