Here's the before:
Here's the AFTER:
Ready for a close up:
I spent 66.00 (about) each for the rattan blinds (they were sooo large mind you--for a small window much cheaper) and 9.00 per panel (on clearance ) for the panels. I bought 4, so I could lengthen them to 94" (from 84") The curtain rods were 9.99 each (steal! they came with fleur di lis filials, but I left those off)
|from Cote de Texas|
Things I learned:
1. Curtain panels typically some in 55" and 84" length--check your packages carefully before you trot out of the store (I thought I had all 84" L panels, but one was 55"L!! Major bummer)
2. Stitch Witchery beats hemming a curtain panel every time...and.....
3. Satin/Taffeta is a major pain in the arse to sew straight, ok?
4. Gets hubs to help you put up the blinds...they are heavy and it'll take the two of you to hold them up while you attach them
5. Ikea has good , cheap curtain rods in lengths up to 134" in width!
6. Yes you CAN make a curtain rod our of PVC pipe, but it will sag if its longer than, like 3-4 ft ...so you will need a center bracket, ok?
Make it a Great Day!