Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Master Bathroom: Project Decisions

As it often happens in homeownerville, things just occur and cause a chain reaction...

That plan you had to re-do the master bedroom, then the master bath, changes when the leak under the master vanity opens an opportunity to you: Wow, maybe I should redo the bathroom NOW...

The Master Bath will be a 2 or 3 phase plan. I do not have the budget to completely redo and expand it like I really want. So I will have to make "changeable" changes...like replacing the vanity top and sink, but not the toilet or the shower. Retiling the shower stall may be a phase 3...along with a total re-plumb...so a pretty shower curtain hiding my ugly utilitarian fiberglass-bottom shower may have to do for now.

All I have really done since the above pre move-in picture of my master is replace the lighting and add a shower curtain.

Here's my plan:

PHASE 1:
 Paint the vanity case a dark espresso

Replace the vanity TOP and sink
Pegasus vanity and sink top at Lowes

Replace faucet
coopcrafts.com mirror framed
Frame existing mirror
Replace exhaust fan
Paint walls
New shower curtain
 Replace shower head




 I think, after this phase, it could look something like this:
Great makeover here


PHASE 2
Remove the medicine cabinet


Replace the window


Demo the shower and replace fiberglass shower with tile
I like this color
via mama at home blog You have to see this entire reno here

PHASE 3
Expand bath into the master closet
Copper replumb
Add a tub, cabinet and 2nd vanity in the expansion
I love the look of the free standing tub
via freshome-- this is so simple, so deep too!
Complete shower reno and add frameless doors

via jenniferadams
Make it a Great Day!
Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!