Friday, June 17, 2011

Creating a Starburst Mirror on the Cheap: Pt 1

I have been looking forever for a mirror for my fireplace. I really wanted one of these quartrefoil mirrors


 but my HomeGoods and Lowes never have it. I've seen one like it around Blogland found at Target too, but alas, they  must have been all gone. It's OK too because I am in super-cheap Dave Ramsey mode and don't want to spent a dime on anything I don't have to right now.

Enter: Big Lots... I know I promised these would be zero-dollar projects, but  $7.00 is close enough to zero, right? Oh, Why was I inside a Big Lots, you ask? When I VOWED to myself and my readers I'd only be tackling next-to and free projects? Well, everyone knows they have the best deals around on kitty litter, right?

OK, started here:
$7.00 on clearance "Made in Italy" (!!) Mirror from Big Lots, check

 $8.00 worth of wood shims from Home Depot, check


Glue I had in the garage for another (unfinished) project, check

I laid out the shims on the mirror in a trial and error way until I found a pattern that worked for me.

This is what I have done so far...stay tuned for the reveal!

Make it a Great Day!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!