Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Zero Dollar Decor: Free Balls!

I wanted some of those cute fabric orbs to fill my wire basket....but I am simply too cheap creative to just go out and buy some.

Sooo, of course I check your ideas in blogland...and found this great project that uses fabric scraps and newspaper, a little twine and maybe some tape!(A kitten helper won't hurt either)

It literally took 5 minutes.

Here's what I did:

Gather some newspaper and crushed it into vague spheres...added tape when I needed it...

newspaper ball near the front...just wrap it with 1-2 inch thick strips of fabric..the front fabric is actually upholsterer's webbing. I cut it in half lengthwise
I just wrapped the strips of fabric round and round till the balls were covered...some I anchored with twine...

They really look cute gathered altogether in my basket..




Looks great...and Faa-Reeee!!!


Make it a Great Day!
Ann

2 comments:

  1. I love using what I have too. You did a great job. Thanks for linking to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I covered some styraphome balls in strips of book pages recently but was frustrated with the expense of the styraphome. This is a much more economical version and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I love your comments!